WPSBA 55th Annual Meeting & Dinner Program
Monday, May 22nd
6:30 pm, Reception; 7:15 pm – 9:30 pm, Dinner & Program
Crabtree’s Kittle House 11 Kittle Road, Chappaqua, NY 10514
Keynote Speaker – Dr. Marc Brackett
Director, Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence Professor, Child Study Center – Yale University Creating an Emotion Revolution in our Schools.
Distinguished Service Award: Dr. Stephen Jambor
Outgoing President, WPSBA Board of Directors, Brewster Board President
Please RSVP through your District Clerk The cost is $55 per person
Registrations and cancellations must be received by Monday, May 15, 2017 Late cancellations and no-shows will be charged to your district.
Negotiations and Legal Issues:
Trends, Policies, and Practices
Thursday, June 1st, 8:00 am – 11:45 am
Join Board Members, Superintendents, and a Panel of School District Attorneys For Breakfast and Discussion
Topics (New This Year - Expanded Program):
- Negotiations: Recent Settlements, Process, Trends
- Student Speech, Anti-Discrimination, and Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
- Practices and Policies: Police, CPS, and ICE
- Freedom of Information Law – Best Practices
- Free and Appropriate Education under the Law
450 Mamaroneck Ave, 3rd Fl, Harrison, NY 10528
(Park in upper back lot and take middle ramp to SW BOCES, 3rd Fl)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Now That I’m Elected…What’s Next?
An Orientation For Newly Elected School Board Members
Monday, June 19th, 6:45 PM - 9:00 PM
(6:45 - 7 PM Reception)
- Finding Your Seat; A Guide To A Smooth Transition
- Reflections From A Current School Board Member
- What Every New BOE Member Should Know On Day 1
Reserve Your Place At The Workshop By June 15
To Register, CLICK HERE
White Plains Education House, Assembly Room
5 Homeside Lane, White Plains NY
*Please Note – attendance at this program does not count towards NYS Newly Elected Mandated Training Requirements.
WPSBA Regional NYS Mandated 6 Hour Governance Training will be held Sept. 9th from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm at PNW BOCES.